Effective Date: August 29, 2022
Last updated: December 22, 2023
AEG Vision operates only within the United States and complies with applicable United States privacy and security laws. Simply visiting our Website or any affiliated practice sites from any other country does not subject AEG Vision to that country’s laws, nor does it indicate AEG Vision’s intention to do business in any other country. AEG Vision makes no claims that materials on this Website are appropriate or may be downloaded for use in locations outside the United States. Access to this Website from countries or territories where such access is illegal is prohibited. Furthermore, our databases are located in the U.S. If you access this Website from outside the U.S., you do so at your own risk. By sending us your information, you consent to its transfer to and storage within the United States. Those who access this Website from outside the United States do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, rules, and regulations.
Interpretation and Definitions
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for you to hold your personal information for purposes of treatment, payment, or health care operations.
- AEG Vision, we, us or our refers to Acuity EyeCare Holdings, LLC. and its managed practices.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual, device, or household.
- Service refers to the services we provide, including through our Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of AEG Vision, including third-party companies or individuals engaged by AEG Vision to facilitate a service, to provide service on behalf of AEG Vision or to assist AEG Vision in analyzing services used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Website or from the infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to https://www.aegvision.com or any of its managed practice provider sites.
- You refers the individual accessing or using the Website or our Services.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
When using our online service to schedule an appointment, you will be asked to provide Personal Data and other information to book the appointment. For us to provide care and bill any insurance company(s) necessary for payment, we ask for certain information that can be used to assist with the normal business activities of health care operations. Personal Data we collect or you provide may include, but is not limited to:
- First and Last name
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Email address
- Insurance Information
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal Code, City
- Primary care physician name, phone number and address
- Pharmacy name, phone number and address
- Primary phone number and address
- Medical History
- Emergency Contact
- Gender Identity
- Employment information
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Website.
Usage Data may include information such as your devices Internet protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Website by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website or when you access the Website by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Tracking technologies record certain information, like the device and browser information, IP addresses, referring and exit pages, and search terms. The Website may incorporate technology such as pixel tags, web beacons, and cookies that allow us to collect information about your actions while using the Website. Cookies are small text files stored by your browser on your computer when you use the site, and permit us to recognize users and avoid repetitive requests for the same information, understand your preferences for future visits, and compile data about site interaction to help us provide a better experience in the future. You may be able to set your web browser to reject cookies entirely or require that it request permission from you before accepting each new cookie. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default, however, you may be able to delete cookies yourself through your browser’s cookie manager. To do so, please follow the instructions provided by your web browser. Please note that disabling cookies will reset your session, disable auto-login, and may adversely affect the availability and functionality of our Website and the Services we can provide to you.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company uses Personal Data and your information for the following purposes:
- To provide Services, including booking and confirming your appointment as well as providing treatment and examination services.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it or for any other purpose disclosed by you or us when you provide the information.
- To manage your Account, including processing any necessary claims to insurance company(s), billing outstanding balances, or issuing refunds if necessary.
- To contact you by email, telephone calls, texts, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services, and events which we offer that are like those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- For other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our service, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
- To meet any legal or regulatory requirements or obligations.
- Other reasonable purposes consistent with our business objectives.
Sharing of Your Personal Data
AEG Vision and managed practices do not sell any of your Personal Data to third parties, marketing or advertising partners, or program affiliates without prior notification and your consent. We may share your information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers, including our doctors, the practice location and its clinical providers responsible for your care.
- With any insurance company(s) provided by you, for either prior authorization for treatment (if required) or payment for services rendered.
- With payors as contractually required, such as commercial and government sponsored health insurance plans in the event of an audit.
- As legally required, such as to cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We only share information when we believe it is necessary or appropriate, including:
- Subpoenas and warrants
- To protect our property, and the safety of our associates or the public in general; and
- To investigate and stop any activity considered to be illegal, unethical or legally actionable.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
AEG Vision will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
How to Opt-Out
AEG Vision and its managed practices do not sell your personal data to any thirdparties, marketing or advertising partners, or program affiliates. All information collected is solely for treatment, payment, health care operations, and the operation of our business. You are provided an opportunity to opt-into text and email communication both when utilizing the online scheduling service and at your initial appointment on intake paperwork. You need to select or not select the checkbox to opt-in or opt-out of electronic communications, respectively. To opt-out of text or email services after initial sign-up, reply STOP for the text messages and click on the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your Personal Data is important to us. AEG Vision takes reasonable and appropriate efforts to encrypt Personal Data at rest and in transit, to prevent unauthorized access, alteration, or destruction of Personal Data. AEG Vision uses industry-standard practices for data encryption and storage, such as SHA-256 encryption with a 2048-bit key. Although we use commercially reasonable efforts to help protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Data transmitted to this Website. Please be aware that there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, and third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and accordingly email and other transmissions to and from this Website or made via this Website may not be secure. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. No data transmission or storage V&E 03.08.2023 7 system can be made 100 percent secure. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on this Website. AEG Vision, its practices, subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective officers, directors, managers, partners, members, shareholders, employees, affiliates and agents make no representations or warranties and specifically disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to this Website or your Personal Data, including any representations or warranties with respect to merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, availability, security, accuracy, freedom from viruses or malware, completeness, timeliness, functionality, reliability, sequencing or speed of delivery.
Third Party Websites
Our Website is not intended for children under the age of 14. We ask that if you are 13 and under, please do not attempt to confirm an appointment or enter any Personal Data unless you are doing so with the consent of your parent or legal guardian. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided Personal Data to us, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
AEG Vision US Short Code Terms of Service for Text Messaging
A short code is a special telephone number designed for high-throughput, two-way messaging. Short codes are used to send and receive SMS and MMS messages to and from mobile phones.
- When you opt-in, we will send SMS messages with updates related to appointments, eyewear pickup notifications, and annual exam reminders.
- You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text “STOP” to the short code. After you send the SMS message “STOP” to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
- If you are experiencing issues with the messaging program you can reply with the keyword HELP for more assistance, or you can get help directly at [email protected].
- Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. You will receive up to 5 messages per month. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
Access to Your Information
You are allowed to view, update, request to amend, and receive a copy of your personal information by the rights granted to you under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. We will ensure we verify your identity, or the identity of your legal guardian or representative, prior to granting access to your information. If records are being requested either for personal use or to be shared, we will ask that you complete a HIPAA Authorization to Release form granting us the right to provide the records to the individual listed on the form in the manner indicated. If you have any questions about accessing your information you may contact our Compliance Department at [email protected].
Limitation of Liability
IN ADDITION TO ANY LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THE DISCLAIMER SECTION OF THE WEBSITE LEGAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, IN NO EVENT WILL ACUITY EYECARE HOLDINGS, LLC, ITS AFFILIATES, PRACTICES, AND SUBSIDIARIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, CONTRACTORS, SUPPLIERS, VENDORS, INSURERS AND AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY CLAIMS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, COSTS, DAMAGES (INCLUDING ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES), OR LIABILITY OF ANY NATURE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY ACCESS, USE (OR INABILITY TO USE) OR DISTRIBUTION OF THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING DAMAGES CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF OR USE OF ANY ASSET, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION, OR ANY CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH USE OF THIS WEBSITE. THIS IS TRUE EVEN IF AEG VISION HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES.